During this week’s Super Thursday Party, the Walters Enthusiasts is sponsoring a Scavenger Hunt Contest for a chance to win two tickets to see the musical Chicago at the Hippodrome or a $50 gift card to Cardinal Tavern.
Visit the Walters Enthusiasts Facebook page during the Super Thursday Party to find the scavenger hunt clues. Clues will be posted 5:30 p.m., February 12, 2015. Follow the prompts to find the correct works of art, take a photo, and have your photos vetted at the Walters Enthusiast table in the second floor lobby of the Walters Art Museum. The contest ends at 7:45 p.m. and two randomly picked winners will be announced at 8 p.m.
Read below for more detailed contest rules:
This Super Thursday Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Walters Art Museum, Inc. through the Walters Enthusiasts (“WE”). The Contest will run from approximately 5:30 pm to 7:45 pm on February 12, 2015 (the “Contest Period”) at the Walters Art Museum, located at 600 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (the “Location”).
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER. In order to enter, each participant (a “Participant”) in the Contest must submit their photos to the WE representative and submit a Raffle Ticket once the WE representative determined that the photos are “selfies” and identify the correct piece of artwork, as more particularly set forth in Section 3 below.
- THE COMPETITION. Participants will find five clues posted on the WE Facebook page at approximately 5:30 pm on February 12, 2015. Participants will be asked to find various pieces of artwork throughout the museum based on solving each clue. Once the Participants solve each clue and find the correct piece of artwork, they must take a “selfie” photograph with the actual piece of artwork to verify that they found the correct piece. After solving the fifth (5th) clue, the Participants are to go to the second (2nd) floor lobby at the Location where they will find a WE representative at a table. The WE representative will check the pictures on the phone to make sure all clues were found. People who correctly complete the Contest will be asked to put their name, email and cell phone on a piece of paper (a “Raffle Ticket”) that will be put in a drawing for a raffle (the “Raffle”) to win one of the Contest prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”). At 7:45 pm no further photo submission will be accepted from individuals not already in line to submit, and the Raffle will be conducted. The WE representative will conduct the Raffle by randomly drawing two Raffle Tickets each of which will be a winner.
- PRIZE. There will be two (2) Prizes of which one (1) will be given randomly to each of the winners of the Raffle:
- Two (2) tickets to see Chicago on Tuesday March 3rd ( opening night) at 8:00 pm at the Hippodrome (Est. $100 value); and
- A Fifty Dollar ($50) gift card to Cardinal Tavern.
WE reserves the right to substitute any Prize for a prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
If a winner does not claim his/her Prize within seven (7) business days, another winner will be selected. Participants are limited to one (1) Prize. WE shall not be held responsible for any unsuccessful attempts to contact the winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be contacted via email and announced on the WE Facebook page.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of the Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, and Delaware who are twenty one (21) years of age or older. Individuals who are or were employees, of Sponsor or members of the WE Steering Committee as of December 31, 2014 and their immediate families are not eligible to win Prizes.
- CONDITIONS. By entering into the Contest, each Participant hereby grants permission for WE and Sponsor to use their photos, post their photos and name on the WE Facebook page, and to contact them through text message (normal text messaging rates apply) or email to notify them if they won the Raffle and to let them know about upcoming WE events. If a participant does not want their photos posted, their name announced, or to be contacted by WE or sponsor, they should not enter the contest.
Neither WE nor Sponsor will be responsible for WE’s failure to receive entries or submissions due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software. WE reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Neither WE nor Sponsor is responsible for any expenses incurred by Participants in connection with participation in and the claim or use of any Prizes awarded in the Contest. By entering the Contest, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Contest rules, and any decisions related to the Contest, the Contest rules, and the operation of the Contest. The qualifications and eligibility of any Participant are at the sole discretion of WE and are final. Each Participant agrees to release and hold WE, Sponsor, participating Prize sponsors, their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and their subsidiaries, parent companies or other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims and/or liabilities arising out of the Participant’s participation in the Contest or resulting from accepting, claiming, using or participating in any Prize awarded hereunder. WE reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, suspend or otherwise cancel the Contest at any time for any reason. Photos and comments posted to the WE Facebook page or emailed to WE become the property of WE and will not be returned and WE is under no obligation to delete them upon the termination of the Contest. WE is not responsible for late, misdirected, improper or unsuccessful attempts to enter the Contest or for WE’s unsuccessful attempts to notify the winners of the Raffle. Participation in the Contest constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winners’ name, likeness, biographical information, photographs and any statements or remarks made about winning or participating in the Contest for advertising and promotional purposes (in any medium) without additional compensation. Participants acknowledge that WE may share any and all information collected through the Contest from time to time with their affiliates or third parties providing services on their behalf, sponsors of certain promotions or partner companies. Entries will be determined by the account holder who originally posts the photo. WE may verify that all winners are qualified. Income and other taxes (if any) are the responsibility of the winner. Participants are encouraged to email WE to also receive email updates on WE events.
- WINNERS. To obtain the names of the winners or to see if you have won, contact WE@thewalters.org for the list. If you are a winner, or believe yourself to be a winner, claim your Prize by sending an email to the WE@thewalters.org. Alternatively, individuals may write to Walters Enthusiasts, Super Thursday Scavenger Hunt, 600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
- SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by The Walters Art Museum, Inc. (“Sponsor”). All information provided by the Participants are being provided to Sponsor and WE.